Apparently I haven't done this one as recently as I thought!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Saw a Cubs game from a rooftop, saw the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup, became a cat owner.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any, as usual.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some coworkers and Jaycees I know, but no one super close to me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My friend Tim, whom some of you know as engines_turn, on December 1st. I miss him so much.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More trips - I didn't really travel anywhere this year!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 9 - the day the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to adapt to several big changes at work: learning a brand new account (and writing the instruction manual for said account), relearning an account I was reassigned, major responsibility changes on my original account, transitions on all the account teams - you name it, it probably changed. I even changed desks twice!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't win championships in any of my fantasy football leagues - for only the second time since 2003.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing out of the ordinary.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Life membership in the IU Alumni Association - the day before the price went up. : )
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barney and Nana, for making life easier by taking to each other within about 3 seconds of Nana's arrival.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Several Fox News personalities and Republican politicians.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"Chelsea Dagger" - The Fratellis. (I know this is not a song from 2010 but it was the song of the spring and summer for me!)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? About the same
b. thinner or fatter? About the same - maybe a little fatter
c. richer or poorer? About the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling as usual.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time, I suppose.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Slept in, picked up Benny from the kennel, picked up my parents from the airport, and watched sports.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2010?
Amazingly enough, nothing specific comes to mind!
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Still in love with David. : )
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What were your favorite TV programs?
Project Runway, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, The Ed Show, The Rachel Maddow Show, Toddlers and Tiaras.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, I still hate the same people. : )
26. What was the best book you read?
Probably The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I get more and more out of touch with the Top 40 as each year goes by. How sad is that?
28. What did you want and get?
My netbook! Also, the All American Ads of the 30s, 50s, and 80s books.
29. What did you want and not get?
A win in my fantasy football money league - I lost in the semifinal by 3 points!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
To answer this would require that I actually saw a movie this year.; )
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 37. I went to Mahomet with my parents and David to visit my grandparents.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Better results in the 2010 midterm elections.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same as usual - whatever's clean. : )
34. What kept you sane?
Barney and Nana.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jonathan Toews. There, I admitted it. And yes, I do feel like a dirty old woman since I am practically old enough to be his mother. EEK!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The midterm elections. Health Care Reform. DADT repeal.
37. Who did you miss?
Tim. (see question #4)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Tim Gunn! Closely followed by Ed Schultz.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Last-minute fantasy football lineup changes and decisions, unless they are due to a player being out, are most likely going to be wrong.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You could be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare"